We are committed to building strong trusting relationship with our customers by providing ORIX Group's quality services toward various client needs. To this end, we make sure to collect our customer's personal information in an appropriate matter that complies with the laws and to treat, manage, and protect this information as our most valuable asset, in accordance with the guidelines below. This document discloses the purpose of using the personal information and explains how the information is handled, in accordance with the laws concerning protection of personal information.
We may use personal information collected for the following purposes. We will not use personal information for any other purposes without the customer consent.
- To deal, in an appropriate manner, with customer in any business discussion based on application from the customer, proposal from ORIX to customer or otherwise, relating to any kind of business conducted by ORIX, including, without limitation, lease, installment sale, loan, money-related business (such as securities brokerage, life insurance sales or sales of other financial products) and real estate-related business.
- To carry out examination or to make an appropriate judgment and response when identification of the customer is required, in respect of credit granting transaction (including, but not limited to, lease and loan) or of financial investment transaction involving the customer.
- To do contract administration of any agreement between the customer and ORIX in an appropriate manner, before as well as after expiration of the agreement, which is necessary to respond to any reference or is required by any applicable laws or regulations.
- To introduce from ORIX various companies, including, but not limited to, the customer and ORIX Group companies, or various products and services, through direct mails, e-mails or otherwise.
- To do marketing analysis for providing better and more satisfactory products and services to the customer.
- To do various administration necessary from a management perspective of ORIX.
- To share with other ORIX Group companies.
- To share with third parties, to the extent necessary to executing a task, such as when the information needs to be provided to personal credit information organization for conducting credit-related business.
If in case ORIX will be using personal information for any other objectives not listed above, ORIX must obtain prior consent from the customer by clarifying the purpose of use.
Shared Use of Personal Data
Under the consolidated management, ORIX group makes full use of its resources in meeting various needs of the customers. To this end, we may share the use of our customer's personal information with other group companies, in accordance with the guideline below:
- Shared Users
ORIX Group Companies
Companies subject to consolidated accounting and equity affiliation. Refer to the List of Group Companies to view the main group companies.
*Companies subject to shared use may change.
- Purpose of Use by Shared Users
Shared Users will use personal data for the following reasons:
- (1)To maintain a firm control of ORIX group's debt, asset, and risks status that are necessary from a management perspective of the company.
- (2)To do marketing analysis for providing better and more satisfactory products and services to the customer.
- (3)To introduce and offer products and services of the ORIX group companies.
- Personal Information Subject to Shared Use
Name, address, date of birth, phone number, credit-related information, transaction information, or other required information that falls within the scope of the “Purpose” outlined above.
- Party Responsible for Handling Personal Data
World Trade Center Bldg., 2-4-1 Hamamatsu-cho,
Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-6135, Japan
ORIX recognizes the necessity for all employees to understand and comply with the laws and regulations concerning the handling of personal information to ensure the protection and safety of personal information, and will put its utmost effort in its promotion.
Continuous Improvement of Compliance Program
ORIX will establish a compliance program including personal information management, that is regularly reviewed for the purpose of continual improvement.
Protection and Storage of Personal Data
ORIX has established internal regulations for management of personal information. Each department handles personal information appropriately under the direction of designated compliance supervisor. Utmost care is taken to ensure that information is not divulged to outside parties. Sufficient and rational level of security measure is in place to counter illegal access from outside the company, loss, damage, tampering and other potential damage.
Sharing of Personal Data due to Outsourcing
In order to provide a better service, ORIX may choose to outsource parts of its operation, and in such cases, personal information may be shared with our outsourcing partners. ORIX has an established criteria used to carefully evaluate and select outsourcing partners to determine whether or not they have appropriate measures in place for handling personal information, maintaining confidentiality, limiting further outsourcing and preventing the divulgence of customer personal information.
Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
ORIX will not disclose or provide personal data to a third party without customer consent. However,
in the following cases, personal data may be disclosed or provided without the customer's prior consent:
- In case it is required by law.
- In case the information is necessary to protect a human life, body, or assets (including corporate assets) but is difficult to obtain customer consent.
- In case the information is necessary for improvement of public health or promotion of sound growth of children, but is difficult to obtain customer consent.
- In case cooperation with national and local governments or their trustee is required by law, and when obtaining prior consent from the customer will hinder the execution of their tasks.
With the consent of the customer, we may provide personal information to the personal credit information organization joined by ORIX, or to the members of the same organization, for the purpose of examining the customer's capacity to pay.
Disclosure, Revision, or Suspension of Personal Data
- Disclosure of personal Data
A customer may request to disclose their own personal data that is owned by ORIX. ORIX shall respond promptly to any such requests in accordance with the law.
- Revision of Personal Data
If there are any errors in the personal data, a customer may request to have them revised, added, or deleted. ORIX shall respond promptly to any such requests in accordance with the law.
- Suspension of Personal Data
If a customer requests to have his/her personal data removed or suspended from sharing with third parties and if ORIX determines there is an appropriate reason for the request, ORIX will swiftly respond to such request in accordance with the law:
- (1)In case ORIX is using customer's personal data for other objectives outside the scope of the “Purpose.”
- (2)In case ORIX has collected customer's personal data in an insufficient or unlawful manner.
- (3)In case the personal data collected is violating the “Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties.”
We ask you to follow request procedure after the identification process for the request of disclosure, revision and deletion of personal data on file. In certain cases this procedure may require fee.
Last modified: May7, 2013